Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wrap up of the week

This week was sooo long and full of orientation stuff. My favorite day was Friday when we had an "Amazing Race Scavenger Hunt" and got to take the train into Perth and pretty much just explore for the day. My team wasn't too enthused about the actual competition, so after lunch we ended up at a rooftop bar called The Aviery where I tried cider for the first time. It was pear flavored and delicious. We made it back into Freo later in the afternoon and came nowhere near winning the competition, but overall had a great day, met some new people and explored the city I will be living in for the next 4 months! Saturday night was our first real night out on the town. To celebrate Mel's birthday we started the night at La Porchetta where we each enjoyed a large pizza (cheap pizza means buy a lot so there are leftovers for at least 2 more meals). It was a BYO restaurant so we all brought a bottle of wine to enjoy. After dinner we spent a while at the beach, hanging out...preparing to go to The Newport for the night. The Newport is a club in Freo with lots of dancing. This morning Tai, Clara, Mel and I walked to South Beach a mile and a half away from our house and swam laps at the beach and walked back. After our swim we lounged around the house for a while then went grocery shopping and got school supplies. I just finished my required reading for the first day of class. I was really getting used to exploring the city and laying around the beach all day, but I guess it was school I came here for... kinda. (:  

3 comments:

  1. Yay, glad you are taking a break from books and just relaxing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Please don't forget the school part of the adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on yahs Jordan! Perth is suppose to have THE best climate.....I want to visit.

    ReplyDelete