Monday, March 19, 2012

Netball and Rottnest!

I cannot believe I have already been in Australia for one month. Sometimes it feels like I just got there, and others it seems like I've been here forever. Earlier this week I was invited to play netball with some cool Australians. It is kinda like ultimate frisbee and basketball put together, and that is still about all I know about it. I played the position of Goal Shooter (GS). Basically I ran back and forth on the lower third of the court and shot.  We lost, but we had a good showing. We may not have won, but at least we looked good. This week I had my first Golden Gay Time experience. I was a bit confused when Maddie said she would tell Ian to get Clara and I Gay Times after the game. Up until now, Golden Gay Times have been my favorite Australian indulgence so far. I think I may even like them better than Tim-Tam Slams, but it's a close call. Hopefully we'll get recruited again for this week's game.

Other than playing Netball and enjoying some golden gay times, the rest of the week was filled with working on an outline for my Australian History Essay, which I have still yet to finish. I have met with Shane (the lecturer) already and have another meeting tomorrow afternoon to go over what I have so far. Shane is very interested in learning about the NBA and the Blazers, so I was pleased when I got an e-mail from him requesting me to share all of my knowledge with him. (Defs getting on his good side already!)
Thursday night, a group of us got dressed up and took the train into Claremont. We went to Hotel Claremont and went dancing. It was probably one of my favorite places we've gone out to so far. It was really chill and the guys weren't as creepy as some of the other places we've been to. It seemed like everyone there as just out for a good time, and it was an uneventufully good night. Until the end, my foot got stomped on and started bleeding everywhere. Lauren and I went home earlier than the rest of the group and met the "Claremont Rapist". We were safe under the watchful eye of the TransPerth security guards though, kinda.


Tai and I locked ourselves in a library study room for 4 hours and Friday afternoon and attempted to be very productive on these essays. Never have I put so much effort into an essay before. (So hopefully that pays off).

Saturday we caught the early morning ferry out to Rottnest Island where we camped for the night. A few of us rented bikes and went about exploring the island all day. This was our first or second stop around the island. We rode around all day stopping at different beaches. 


This was at Parker Point where we met the rest of the group who went around on the bus all day. They stopped at a few more beaches than we probably did, but we at least rode our bikes by and got to see them all (: 


So before my camera fell in the sand, we captured this lovely photo. We're missing Brittany, Kelli-Ann, and Maddie, but its a pretty good group shot from the weekend. 
The night ended with some good group bonding at the camp site. A few card games, skinny dipping, and a St. Patrick's Day that I won't remember. 

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THURSDAY. THE HUNGER GAMES IS COMING OUT! 
We've got our tickets and are ready to go (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment