Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Within the last week and a half, I've been doing endless amounts of homework and being lame. Last week on Thursday a group of us went to see the Hunger Games; it was fantastic as expected. 
Friday was a pretty low key day. I had Australian History in the morning and we had a meeting about Broome. After that we watched a movie called "Rabbit-Proof Fence" which was really eye opening to a bit of Australia's past and I learned a bit about the Stolen Generation and what that was all about. It was really interesting; really sad but a good thing to be aware about. Later in the evening on Friday I went on rounds with Maddie. While we were in Port Lodge a couple of the boys were singing and playing the guitar, practising for their busking they would be doing the next morning. I fell in love with a French boy named Jeremy. I wrote him a love letter and gave it to him the next day while he was busking at the markets. Going into this, I knew he had a lady friend, but I was still pretty excited about professing my love for him. I got a nice rejection text, but I had a witty comeback and am now pretty famous among the other dorms. 
Saturday night we went out in Perth. It went to Northridge I believe...to Aberdean street? The club we went to was called The Dean. It was really big and had many different rooms. Besides there being a weird amount of older men there, it was a pretty fun place. We had a good time dancing and hanging out as our Cleo's group. Cat and I ventured upstairs for a while and found some couches to relax on outside the "oldies" room. The first song I heard up there was Shania Twain, I Feel Like a Woman...so that was pretty fun! A random guy came up to us asking about some advice for his mate. After that convo he told us about Greek gods and how each finger represents a different god and what that can tell you about a person if they wear a ring on that finger. Later we ran into our Port Lodge friends and took the train back with them at the end of the night. 
We started an Easter "Secret Bunny" thing around Cleos and we all picked names for our bunnies. We are supposed to do kind acts for a our secret bunny throughout the week, and on Sunday we are exchanging gifts during our big Easter Brunch! I am going to make Magga's cranberry marshmallow salad because it is one of my favorite things ever and will remind me a bit of home since I won't get to celebrate Easter with the fam this year. 
The weather is starting to get a bit cooler, but no complaints about that because it is still very pleasant! Tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer that its been the past week or so and I'm hoping to go to the beach for a bit since I haven't been in a while. I'll probably just take the play I have to read for Theatre or some other reading and just go relax. 
I got a letter from Erin today and it absolutely made my day (: I really appreciate everyone who has been keeping up reading my blog and sending me emails and letters. I can't wait to see you all when I get home! Time is flying by and I never imagined it would go this quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment